Which Nail Polish Last Longer Without Chipping?: Nail polishes are every lady’s best friend. Every lady love to have their nails painted in cool colors, so they can flaunt them. And flaunting nails that have gone through careful manicure pampering, boosts the level of confidence. But when the nails are poorly painted, or perhaps the nail polish has some smudges or chipped parts, this makes all the nails not attractive. And that reduces the level of confidence one has, and you are more likely to hide your nails.
What does a chipped nail polish say about you?
Chipped nail polish is something you do not want to experience as a lady who is conscious of how she looks. At a glance, one can tell a person’s personality. If you see someone with chipped nail polish, you will start assuming that they are either too busy to sit down for a new manicure. Or that they are going through some rough time. Some will say you do not care so much about your appearance. Chipped nail polish is simply an open window to one’s life. It tells others what you didn’t open your mouth to tell.
Having chipped nails is something every lady does not look forward to, we like our nails staying beautiful with the colors popping. There are thousands of nail polish brands in the market. When you walk into a cosmetics store, and you get to the nail section, you would see a lot of brand names and varieties of nail polish on the rank. You do not know which nail polish last longer without chipping. At least, not until you buy some and try them on.
You are very much likely to spend a lot of cash, trying to figure out which nail polish will stand the test of time. For you are tired of having chipped nail polish after 2 or 3 days of getting them on. We are taking the trouble off you, by providing you with a list of nail polish, and how long each can stand for before it starts chipping. If you are a very busy person, who does not have the time to always retouch their nails after 2-3 days, then this is for you.
Now you can go on with other activities without worrying about chipped nail polish. A lesson one should hold about nail polish is, cheap does not mean it won’t last long. And expensive does not guarantee longevity. The longevity actually depends on the active ingredient, and if they are incorporated in the right proportion.
There are several types of nail polish, ranging from;
- Gel nail polish (this last longer)
- Regular nail polish (comes off easily)
- Matte nail polish (shines subtlely)
- Glitter nail polish (does not come off easily)
- Neon nail polish (vibrant colors)
- Metallic nail polish (fades off easily)
- Crème nail polish (most common type)
Aside from your nail polish having the power to stay on for long without chipping, you also have to remember that some acts prevent your nail polish to stay on for long.
Acts like cutting your cuticles, filing your nails flat, instead of going spherical, exposing your nails to too much liquid and also not cleaning the nails before applying the nail polish. You should also stop using your nails as tools, this breaks your nails.
Application process for gel nail polishes to avoid chipping
- Start by cleaning your nails of residues from previous nail polish.
- File the nails, going from side to side. Do not file your nails flat.
- Ensure there is no dust on your nail.
- Apply a thin coat of gel base coat.
- Cure for about 30secs under the UV lamp.
- Apply your gel nail polish. Ensure it touches the edges.
- Cure for about 2mins under the UV lamp.
- If there is a need for another coat, cure that under the UV lamp too.
- Finishing off coating by applying a thin coat of gel top coat.
- Cure under the UV lamp for 2mins, if you are using a LED, cure for 30secs.
- Clean off nail polish stains with a nail polish remover soaked in a cotton ball.
Appropriate application process for regular nail polishes to avoid chipping
- Start by cleaning your nails. Make sure there are no residues from previous nail polish.
- File your nails, make sure not to file it flat, make it curve around the sides.
- Clean off dust from filing.
- Apply a base coat and leave to dry.
- Apply a coat of your nail polish. You can control the thickness of the polish by paying attention to how much you have on your brush.
- Leave that coat to dry.
- Apply a new coat, ensure it covers every corner and leave that to dry.
- Then apply a topcoat. The top coat leaves your nail polish shiny and prevents early chipping.
- Leave to dry.
- Clean off stains from nail polish using a cotton ball soaked in nail polish remover to wipe the stains off.
Different nail polishes, their costs and how long they last for;
- Zoya Professional lacquer costs $20 and can last for about 9 days.
- Sally Hansen gel nail polish costs about $14, can last for about a week.
- 10+ free nail color costs $18, can last for 8days.
- Deborah Lippmangel lab pro costs $29, last for about a week.
- Butter London patent shine costs $22, last for about 10 days.
- Essie gel couture costs $17, can stay on for 2 weeks without chipping.
- Dior Bernie nail polish costs $42, can last 5 days.
- O.P.I nail lacquer, costs $20, can last a week.
- CND vinylux nail polish costs $20, can last a week.
- Ciate London gelology nail polish costs $23, can last for 10 days.
- Essence the gel nail polish costs $4, can last for 5 days.
- Smith & Cults feathers and flesh, costs $18, can last for 5 days.
- Nails Inc, costs $14, can last 9 days.
- Chanel costs $28, can last 6 days.
- Jin Soon nail polish costs $18, can last a week.
- Maybelline New York Color Show nail lacquer costs $5, can last 6 days.
- CoverGirl outlast stay brilliant nail color, costs $6, can last 6 days.
- Revlon colorstay gel envy nail enamel costs $5, can last 2 weeks.
- Ella + Mila costs $11, can last a week.
- Olive & June nail polish, costs $8, can last 7days.
- ILNP boutique nail lacquer costs $10, can last a week.
- Gellen nail color costs $22, can last above a week.
- Modelones gel nail color costs $16, can last 2 weeks.
- Beetles gel nail polish, costs $8, can last 2 weeks.
- Makartt gel nail polish costs $18, can last 2 weeks.
Nail Polish That Last Longer Without Chipping
1. Zoya Professional Lacquer
This nail polish cost about $20, and does not contain harmful chemicals but still has the ability to stay on without chipping for about 9 days. That is quite impressive.
2. Sally Hansen Gel Nail
This is a gel nail polish, and it cost about $14. It does not require ultraviolet light to dry up. This nail polish promises to last for about 2 weeks on the package, but stay on for about a week before it starts chipping. It might be the wear and tear, that made it not last for the promised 2 weeks. Remember, it is a gel nail polish, so the right application process should be followed.
3. 10+ Clean Nail Color
This nail polish is non-toxic and vegan. The brand also has a clear nail polish which can be used as a base coat. When you apply this base coat before using the 10+ nail polish, your polish will stay on for longer and look more beautiful. This polish costs around $18. All you need are two coats of the nail color, and you are good to go.
Free from formaldehyde, toluene, xylene, and other harsh ingredients. When properly applied, it can stay for as long as 8 days before chipping.
4. Deborah Lippman Gel Lab Pro
This is another gel nail polish that last long before chipping. This one cost about $20. It is a no-light gel nail polish, this means it requires no ultraviolet light to dry up. This dries up when exposed to sunlight. It has the power to stay on for about a week without it chipping. Another good thing about this nail polish is, you can remove it by applying regular nail polish on it. For the best result, ensure to use a gel lab pro base coat, also use a top coat from gel lab pro.
5. Butter London Patent Shine
This costs about $22, it contains a bamboo powder which helps keeps the nails nourished. It does not contain formaldehyde, xylene or toluene, these are harmful nail polish ingredients that can cause damage to the nails. This nail polish can stay on for about 10 days. This nail polish not only gives you beautiful nail colors but protects and strengthens your nails as well. During application, let the first coat dry up before you apply a new coat.
6. Essie Gel Couture
This nail polish cost about $17. It is a no light gel nail polish and dries up in a couple of minutes. It can stay on for about 2 weeks without chipping. This is a really good buy. Despite the price is low compared to some others, it stays longer than some other nail polish that costs more. This means the price does not determine quality. It is also non-toxic. Plus the brush has wide bristles which make the application faster and easier.
7. Dior Vernis Nail Polish
This nail polish cost about $42, and last for about 5 days before it starts chipping. It contains a formula that helps strengthen the nails, so you do not need to add a nail hardener when you apply the polish. Looking at the price and how long it can stay for, you will go with the lesson from the beginning, that price does not determine longevity.
8. O.P.I Nail Lacquer
OPI costs about $20. It has a lot of shades, about 200 to choose from. This nail polish lasts for about a week. It takes a while to dry up. If you are in a rush, use the OPI Drop Dry lacquer to make it dry up fast, which should take 30sec or thereabout to cure under the UV lamp. Remember to cure each coat under the UV lamp before you apply a new coat for better results.
9. CND Vinylux Nail Polish
This costs about $12. And it stays on for about a week before chipping. It does bubbles when applying it on the nails. So it is advisable not to hurry when applying it, so as to have a good result.
10. Ciate London Gelology Nail Polish
This nail polish costs about $23. It can stay on for about 10days. The shine lasts longer when you apply the Gelology top coat. It is a British nail polish. It is highly pigmented, so the colors are vibrant and not dull.
11. Essence Gel Nail Polish
This is a cheap gel nail polish that costs about $4. It stays on for about 5 days before chipping. It comes with a wide brush for application, which makes the application process easy. You need to apply the topcoat if you want it to stay longer.
12. Smith & Cult Feathers and Flesh
This comes in a really cute package. And it costs about $18. It comes in various color shades to choose from. It can stay on the nail for about 5 days. Though, it can lose it’s gloss on the second day, especially when nails are frequently exposed to liquid or not applied properly. The nail polish is also free from harmful ingredients, such as camphor, xylene, toluene, and some others. It is vegan.
13. ILNP MEGA – 100% PURE Ultra Holographic Nail Polish
It is a UK based brand. This nail polish has the ability to stay on without chipping for about 9 days.
14. Le Vernis Chanel
Chanel is a brand that everyone loves, and it cost about $28. This nail polish can stay on for about 6 days before it chips. Even when it starts chipping, the gloss still remains on the part that hasn’t chipped. This means it does not easily lose its shade.
15. Jin Soon Nail Polish
Jin Soon costs around $18. It is a nice nail polish and stays on for about a week before it starts chipping. It can stay on the toenails for above a week. It is also vegan friendly. Plus it dries up fast.
16. Maybelline New York Color Show Nail Lacquer
Maybelline nail lacquer costs around $5. This is a very cheap nail polish. It can stay on the nail for 6days or thereabout before it starts chipping. With or without a base coat or topcoat, it stays for those days before chipping.
17. CoverGirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss
Cover Girl is also another cheap nail polish, it costs around $6. It can stay on for 6 days as well, without chipping.
18. Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy Nail Enamel
This nail polish costs around $9, and it can stay for 2 weeks. So long for so little price, this is a great buy. It has bold and beautiful colors to choose from.
19. Ella + Mila
This nail polish cost around $11. This nail polish claims not to contain harmful ingredients like camphor, toluene, etc. It can stay on for about a week.
20. Olive & June Nail Polish
The polish from this brand is clean and has nice colors. The nail polish costs around $8. It can last for 7 days before it starts chipping.
21. ILNP Boutique Nail Lacquer
This cost about $10. It is usually a glitter nail polish. It sparkles, does not give you a dull shade. And glitter nail polish is known to be hard to clean off when cleaned with a nail polish remover, but this brand comes off easily. It can last for about a week. This nail polish also happens to dry fast.
22. Gellen Nail Color
This is a gel nail polish. It costs around $22. The application is also super easy, and when done correctly, it will come out with a fine result. This nail color can last for above a week. The correct process for application of this nail polish is, apply the base coat and put under the UV lamp to cure. Then you apply the first coat of the nail polish, put that under the UV lamp to cure too. If you repeat another coat, ensure to put it under the UV lamp to cure. If you have to apply another coat, do put under the UV lamp. As you apply each coat, put under the UV lamp before you apply another.
23. Modelones Gel Nail Polish
Here is another health-conscious nail polish. It cost about $16. When applied correctly, it can stay on for about 2 weeks without chipping. Do not forget that this is a gel nail polish that requires a UV lamp to cure. And if you do apply this without putting under the UV lamp, you won’t like the result. It is advised not to apply on infected nails.
To apply this gel, it is advisable to rub the bottle in between your palms before applying. Do put under the UV lamp as you apply each coat.
24. Beetles Holiday Gel Nail Polish
This gel nail polish requires a UV lamp to cure. It is non-toxic, therefore safe to use. It is advisable to lightly rub the bottle of this nail polish between your palms before you open. Apply a base coat on the nail, then place under the UV lamp, before you apply a coat of the nail polish. Finish off with a top coat, and leave under the UV lamp for 2mins to cure. It can be easily removed using a cotton ball soaked in nail remover.
When the application process is done correctly, it can last for more than 2 weeks before chipping.
25. Makartt Gel Nail Polish
This costs about $18. This gel nail polish requires a UV lamp to cure. When applying this nail polish, ensure that the polish covers the edge of your nails, as this determines how well the polish will stay on. You have to apply a base coat and cure under the UV lamp before you apply the polish, and cure each coat for about a minute under the UV lamp.
When the application process is done properly, this nail polish can stay on for about 14 days.
We would be providing answers to some frequently asked questions.
How long does regular nail polish last on your nails?
This depends on the brand of regular nail polish you use. But regular nail polish can stay on for at least a week before it starts chipping. Aside from longevity depending on the nail polish, it also depends on how you applied it. If you applied it wrongly, then your nail polish won’t last that long before it starts chipping. As you move on with this article, you will come through the appropriate application process.
Why does my nail polish keep chipping?
This can be heartbreaking. But not to worry, we would put you through why this keeps happening to you. You need to understand that the right application process determines how long your nail polish can stay. And also how you cater for your natural nails.
Do you cut your cuticles? Do you file your nails flat? Do you expose your nails to too much liquid? If you are guilty of any of these, then you will have to change that habit, to have a long-lasting nail polish.
- Do not cut your cuticles.
- File your nails spherical, not flat.
- Do not expose your nails to too much liquid.
Why does my nail polish chip at the tip?
There are several reasons why the nail polish chip at the tip. And most boils down to how you apply your nail polish. Another reason is you using your nails as tools. If you often use your nails as tools, be it as scraping tools, this can make your nail polish chip at the tip. For the application process, ensure your nails are clean.
With the above list of nail polish from different brands, you can choose which nail polish you want and when. So you are not caught off guard when you expect your nail polish to stay throughout the week, but it starts chipping on the second day.